This course will give a more detailed and HPC oriented summary of the basic command line related issues in Linux:
- Linux shell: features, customizing, environment variables, aliasing
- Remote GUI connection: transferring files, displaying graphics
- Short intro to Linux scripting
- Creating sample PBS scripts for VSC
- Installing applications: package manager concept, manual installations
- This course provides several hands-on sessions
This course is primarily targeted at current VSC-users.
Having a basic knowledge of Linux is expected. Users should already have a VSC account (and should have followed HPC introduction or should have the equivalent knowledge).
- Getting familiar with shells (mainly bash)
- Working with i/o files
- Customizing the shell for particular needs
- Being able to get the necessary account/job information
- Getting familiar with NX GUI software
- Writing a sample PBS script for VSC
- Installing applications as a user