This lesson is an introduction to programming in Python for people with little or no previous programming experience. It uses plotting as its motivating example. Please note that this lesson uses Python 3.
This one-day course aims to answer the following questions:
How do I…
- …read tabular data?
- …plot a single vector of values?
- …create a time series plot?
- …create one plot for each of several data sets?
- …get extra data from a single data set for plotting?
- …write programs I can read and re-use in future?
Participants must bring a laptop with a Mac, Linux, or Windows operating system (not a tablet, Chromebook, etc.) that they have administrative privileges on.
They are also required to abide by the ARCHER2 Code of Conduct.
- 10:00 - Python
- 11:30 - Morning break
- 11:45 - Python
- 13:00 - Lunch break
- 14:00 - Python
- 15:30 - Afternoon break
- 15:45 - Python
- 17:00 - END